Friday, September 9, 2016

The Lunar Fairy

This week, I decided to take a break from Tiana (I'll write a separate post about what I've been up to with her), and go back to another costume project I have in the works.  I've always wanted to do an original character, and while the concept of a Lunar Fairy isn't "original," just coming up with ideas for a fairy design is pretty exciting. :)  I've been making a supply list of things to get, and started on the frame for a set of wings, a few months ago.  Since then, I've gotten a lot more ideas for her, and so I'll kind of be starting over from scratch.

The first thing I looked for, was a silver wig.  I wanted a lace front, so I could make a natural looking hairline.  I ended up finding a gorgeous wig on the Wig is Fashion site, and got it for Christmas from my dad.

After that, I knew I wanted to make a headpiece for my fairy.  I looked around on Pinterest to get ideas, and started ordering and buying ALL THE THINGS, to get started.  I began putting stuff together, and making a base for the headpiece.  I have different ideas now, so I'll be starting over.  I started with a crescent moon filigree, and attached some pearl chain to each side.  Then I took more square shaped filigrees and cut their square edges off to give them a different shape.  I bought a huge box of rhinestones from Michaels and glued a few to the crescent moon, but since I'll be starting over and replacing those with Swarovski rhinestones.  


This week, I started buying and ordering more materials for this project.  I'm pretty sure I have a bead addiction, now...
I don't have a bead problem.  NO YOU.

I'm excited because jewelry making isn't something I've done a whole lot of.  In fact, I should probably make it known that I have no idea what I'm doing, or what this will end up looking like.  But hopefully the end result will be magical. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment